This vineyard was planted to minimize inputs, particularly labor and water. We researched winegrowing and farming methods from the late 19th and early 20th centuries in California and Europe and combined them with latest research to grow high quality winegrapes efficiently and with limited environmental impact.
We have been practicing biodynamic methods since we purchased it and received our Demeter Biodynamic® certification in 2019. We believe that working with nature is far more productive and efficient in producing grapes with exceptional characteristics.
Our biodynamic practices enhance soil’s microorganisms and our vines vitality. Combined with regenerative farming practices like:
- • disturbing the soil as little as possible,
- • covering the soil with living plants or residue,
- • providing biodiversity around and under of vines,
- • keeping living cover crops as long as possible and
- • integrating animals when possible
will produce a vibrate and healthy environment for our vines and our entire ecosystem.